Powered by Blogger.

Hybrid Project--Badge Album

So, I learned a really cute little hybrid album project this past week and thought I would share! I'm going to make more of these for my kids to take to church. It will be so nice for them to look through quietly and they are so sturdy!

For this project, I am using a badge album that Jewel of Mad Genius Designs put together using my "One Summer Day" kit. She is on our CT and was so awesome to introduce me to this fun project!

You can currently pick up the pages of the badge album in our forum HERE for FREE!! Each day we have two more pages of the album to download!

So, the first thing you do is put your pictures in each of the album pieces and then move them onto a 12x12 300 dpi screen. This is the same as putting them on a 12x12 paper. It took two of these for this project! Once I had them all done and on the 2 pages, I sent them off for printing. You could use an 81/2 x 11 paper and print at home, it would just take more of them. So, whatever works for getting them printed. I use "Scrapping Simply" which does amazing work and each 12x12 is only $1.99. They ship just about anywhere and their site is linked here in my blog, if you are interested. (I don't get paid by them for advertising, I just like them so much I thought I would share the info with others).

Oh, one other thing. I would buy your badges first so you know the exact size. I didn't do this and ended up needing to trim mine! I just went to the office supply section of Wal-mart and found the plastic name badge cases. I think I got 12 for $1.68. Not too bad!

Once you have that all done and printed, it will look like this:

Photobucket

The next thing I did was cut them out and slide them in the little covers. I love how thick the plastic covers are. It makes the little album so sturdy! Here is what the project looked like half done:

Photobucket

Once I had them all in place, then I placed to silver binder rings in the top and it's done! I still need to add ribbon to decorate the rings, but you get the idea!

Photobucket

So many fun things to do with this! I'm even thinking this would make a darling ABC album to help my kids learn their ABC's! I hope you enjoy making it. I have a few more hybrid projects in the works, so check back often!

Lois B  – (June 26, 2009 at 11:30 AM)  

Thank you for the instructions and the badge QPs. Unfortunately I had to go to the hospital in the middle of the night on Tuesday and didn't get back home until today so I missed some of the QPS. :(

Will these be available somewhere again? Where can I see a photo of all the QPs so I know which ones I missed?

Parker315@shaw.ca

Brenda  – (June 30, 2009 at 5:44 AM)  

Oh wow, what an incredible idea. I've been trying to figure out the best way to make flash cards/pecs for my little guy; this is perfect. Thanks so much for sharing the details :-D

Unknown  – (July 3, 2009 at 10:34 PM)  

Very cute Ramona! I am sorry my sizing was a bit different than yours, though.

Brenda - this would be perfect for pecs, too! As are negative storage sheets (just a tip from a mom of a special needs boy ) ... they come in 3-hole punch size for binders and you can then cut them to longer narroe pages.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP